<$BlogRSDUrl$>

12/20/2009

OWLS! 





For those of you who didn't know - at Louise's school, each class is referred to as a "Clan" (Native American focus and all), with an animal's name. While it takes a little getting used to, and I'll admit at 1st I thought it was a bit hokey and contrived, this year I have fully embraced it.

She was a Turtle the last two years, and I learned more about the cosmic importance of Turtles. Good info to know.

And this year she's an Owl. Dissecting "owl pellets" was one of her early science projects this year. I had no idea this was such a common elementary school science project, and I love that you can buy sterilized Owl Pellets on the internet in bulk for less than $1.50 each. Just google "owl pellets" and you'll be amazed what's out there.

It's great to have an animal that you focus on for a year or two to learn more about that you would otherwise - and an animal you don't select yourself is good too, I think. Her friends in the Spider Clan may not be posting pictures of spiders on their blogs (at least I wouldn't be), but they are fascinating creatures....

A few more before I sign off...

Here's another Lego Advent Calendar on Flickr. I really like this one - apparently the photographer is not some lego-freak (excuse, AFOL), but just a guy who got this year's advent calendar, and is staging great pictures of the items he finds behind each door. I am kicking myself for not purchasing that advent calendar in time :0(

And here's what I saw when I arrived at work at the end of last week. Despite the seasonal stress (the irony of being too busy at work to take time off and ski), There are some good things about working at K2, and seeing this ranks up there with the best of them....


GEDC1697.JPG

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?